Wednesday, April 8, 2009

It's been a while!

I'm so sorry for the long delay. Things have been very busy for us this year. We have have had our share of illnesses and have stayed pretty busy with the kids school. Thankfully, after a visit to the ER in February, the doctor has finally come to the conclusion that Hannah's symptoms are brought on by seasonal allergies. He has put her on Singulair and a daily inhalation treatment to keep her bronchial airways from being inflamed. So far, it has done the trick. With this crazy Texas weather that we have, she just doesn't get a break. Yesterday it was 50 degrees and today it was up to 82 degrees. But, she hasn't had any problems yet. YEA!!! I think that I have bitten all of my nails off. I'm not normally a nail bitter but, when your child has this and they cough you get nervous that they are going to start struggling to breath!! So far, so good!
On another note, Jake has been in his big boy bed for over a month now. He loves it. The deal was....he broke the crib and had to be moved over. He didn't really break it, the bottom fell out from underneath him while he was trying to take a nap. Since, Daddy wasn't home...Mommy's muscles couldn't fix it. I think he was done with it after that! Brent got home and they took down the crib together. Such a big boy now!!
I have a few pictures to share. I promise to be better about updating my blog from now on!!

Jake's new room!

Jake got a shaving kit from his Aunt Kerri and Uncle Ricky for Christmas. He loves shaving with his daddy! He may kill me later for the picture above but, I couldn't resist. Isn't it cute??

3 comments:

The Greats said...

Hi Melissa,
Glad you are back on board along with Laura and Ann. Guess you gals just needed a break.
From the picture it seems that Jake (and Hannah) are enjoying the big boy bed. The shaving scenes are cute. It's evident that he thinks he is shaving "just like Daddy". Hannah is so tall and her hair is getting so long. Your babies are growing up.
Love,
G&G

Anonymous said...

Hi Melissa,
Your blog is great! We enjoyed the kids this past weekend. And are looking forward to seeing them soon.
Love,
Stephanie

Anonymous said...

Awwww Melissa...the kiddos are great and so are you!! I would love to do this blog thing, but I barely have the time and energy to do everything! and you have young ones!! Well, I love reading about you,Brent and the kids!! It brightens my day :) I love you all! Aunt Kerri

P.S. Jake is going to have some words for you momma! but I agree...it's so darn cute!! hahaha!!