Wednesday, September 17, 2008

What's going on?

Well, the last 6 days have been fun! A little hectic though. Jake had been doing great with the potty training until yesterday. For some reason he decided he didn't want to do it any more and Hannah decided she didn't want to take a nap!!! Yikes! Which means...everyone was miserable from about 5 p.m on! Brent had been out of town for 4 days and the kids usually are really good when he's gone unless, he's gone for more than 3 or 4 straight days! I guess this was one of those times. I thought I was going to pull my hair out...I missed Brent and Hannah and Jake missed their Daddy! What a long day that was. Thankfully, Brent came home about 7:30 p.m. last night and we had dinner and everything was fine again! Of course, he's been gone today but they were good! Jake is back to potty training and he's doing great! I almost thought I had it made tonight! I put him to bed and he looked over at his bunk beds and said "bed!" I said "do you want to sleep in there?" and he quickly got out of my arms and headed for the bed. I tucked him in and did our little routine. I went about my normal getting ready for bed myself and thought, he hasn't made a peep. This went on for about 15 minutes. Usually he's screaming in the middle of the bed. Sure enough as I got closer to the door I heard him saying "nice,nice,nice" and I realized he thought he was in time out. I picked him up and loved on him and reassured him that he was not in trouble but thanks for trying it out. Oh well! He went to sleep in the crib! Not quite there yet! Well, that's whats going on in our house! Love to all!!!

This is a picture from September of 2007! Crazy, it just seems like yesterday!

No comments: