Saturday, October 4, 2008

The Dallas Arboretum


It's no surprise that Brent is out flying this weekend...he's in Las Vegas. His favorite place...just kidding!!! I think he dislikes going there more than Shreveport and he goes there almost every weekend!! It has been pretty hard lately to keep the kids preoccupied while he is gone...which has been a lot, especially on the weekends. I think I have taken them to the park so much...they don't get excited about it anymore. Recently, I was talking to one of my friends and they told me about the pumpkin patch out at the Arboretum!! I thought this would be a great adventure for the kids! Hannah has been fascinated with pumpkins for as long as I can remember!

When we first got there I was a little hesitant that they may not like it but, 10 minutes into it I was wrong. They had a blast. Of course, it was a little warm...what do you expect..it's Texas! But, other than that it was perfect. The flowers were absolutely amazing, they had more pumpkins than you can imagine and of course the botanical gardens with water! Right now Jake is into water....he loves to play in it. So every couple of steps he would say "wa-wa!" This definitely was the day to go, it was totally geared towards the kids! I enlisted my parents for some extra help! I have to say...they were troopers. It's been a long time since they have had to chase around little feet! All in all I think it was a success! The kids are napping right now and I'm sure Mimi and Papa are too!!
I took a ton of pictures! Enjoy!



























3 comments:

The Greats said...

Hi,
We have just enjoyed the trip through the Pumpkin Patch, particularly since we were following Hannah and Jake around (through the courtesy of the internet). So many cute pictures--loved the one of them peeping through the window and especially the one laying by the pool looking at the water. Thanks for the trip!!!

The Flock said...

Melissa,

I'm so glad you guys made it out there! Looks like you had a blast...I hoped you would.

Anonymous said...

The kids are getting so big! I can't wait to see you all this weekend!

Love
Ann