Wednesday, October 8, 2008

The start of something GREAT!!!

It was exactly 5 years ago today that Mr. Brent Reubin proposed to Melissa Edge!! I can't believe how fast it has flown by. If you don't know that story...it's a good one. Brent told me that he wanted to take me up to Arkansas to meet his grandparents in October. Of course, I was really nervous about meeting them, just for the fact that Brent talked so highly of them and I wanted to make a good impression! He flew me up there (yes, that's right...he flew me up) in a pretty fancy airplane on October 8th. I met the grandparents and we hurriedly went to the lake. He wanted to show me all around Bull Shoals, which is gorgeous! As we sat in front of the dam he asked me if I would like a glass of wine and as he bent down he came back up on one knee!! He then pulled out the blue box. I thought I was going to pass out. It was the most beautiful ring I had and have ever seen (he designed it himself)! He asked me to marry him and I said "of course!!!" Those were my exact words! I hugged him and he sat back and said "okay, was that a yes?" Poor guy was so nervous all he wanted to hear was "yes" or "no". The rest is history! It's been 5 years and 2 kiddos later!! We have a great marriage and 2 wonderful kids! I wouldn't trade any of it for the world! I love you Brent!

Thank you Leon and Tommye for letting us share that wonderful moment up there with you! Oh and by the way, I had no reason to be nervous. Leon and Tommye are 2 of the easiest people to be around! I immediately felt right at home!

Engaged couple - Brent and Melissa



Leon, Tommye, and Brent

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

YEA!!! And I remember the day when Brent told me that he was going to ask you to marry him!! Ya'll are an amazing couple filled with so much love! Plus a little Hannah and Jake, too cute of kiddos!! Love you sis!!