Monday, October 20, 2008

Sea World Fun!

This weekend I took the kids to Sea World for a little get away. Originally, Brent was supposed to be down there for training but, that got changed. Since, I had already talked it up to Hannah, I decided to go ahead down there. My Mom took off a much needed day off from work to go with us. She needed a little getaway too! After a long drive down there (I hit rush hour traffic in just about every major city) we arrived about 7:00 p.m on Friday night. We relaxed had some dinner and called it a night. We got up pretty early or earlier than normal for the kids (about 8:00 a.m.) and had breakfast and headed to Sea World. We got there right after it opened. The weather was perfect and there was not that many people in the park. I had bought a harness for Jake because he can only stand so much for the stroller. He likes to wonder around so the harness was great! Hannah actually held the leash for most of the time. We ended up renting a double stroller after a couple of hours, just to give them a break! We got to see the Shamu show, feed the dolphins, see the penguins, sea lions and all kinds of other sea life! They had so much fun! I'm so glad they got to experience it! Later that night we went to Outback for dinner and then watched a movie in the hotel. Hannah got to sleep with Mimi in her room and Jake stayed with Mommy. We didn't sleep well the first night all together. They kept waking each other up! We decided to get a really good night sleep and wake up extra early to go back home. I stuck to my plan and we left at 7 a.m. and got to Dallas at 11 a.m. They was so much better than going down there! We still had the whole day to spend with Brent! When they got home they were so excited to see Brent. It's like it had been eternity for them! They had a blast but they still missed their Daddy!











This was their first taste of cotton candy!



The Shamu show




They were mesmerized for 30 minutes.


Of course we sat in the splash zone!! Both Hannah, Jake and I got soaked. Mimi not so much.



Hannah thought it was so exciting to get splashed by Shamu!

After 5 hours of fun at Sea World....they didn't make it to the highway!

A short video of Hannah and Jake's first cotton candy experience!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW!! It looks like ya'll had an AWESOME time, I wish I was there to see their expression when they watched Shamu! Jake looks so stinkin' adorable with that little back pack on and it's attached to Hannah's wrist!!

Love you guys!!

Laura said...

Looks like a great trip. I'm glad you guys got to go even though it didn't work out for Brent. Jake and Hannah are so cute!! Love the backpack and the cotton candy pictures. Love you!

Tabitha said...

Hey, Hey you guys look like you had fun. I love the cotton candy video. Jake really looked like he was into that stuff. I have never been to Sea World, looks like a place I should go.ummmm.

Anonymous said...

Okay, so I just watched the video and OMG I was laughing so hard!! Hannah with the belly laugh and Jake with the cotton candy sticking to hit lips and hands!! That was too stinking cute!! You should post more videos like that, that was absolutely adorable!! Loved it!!