Friday, August 28, 2009

It's Go time!!

Well, in just a few short hours, my dad and I will be on our way to Wichita Falls to ride in the Hotter'n Hell ride! I am very excited since we have been training all summer for it! It will be 100K which turned out being about 65 miles last year. There are rest stops about every 10 miles so, plenty of times to rehydrate! I should be back sometime tomorrow afternoon! I think Brent is planning on smoking something on the smoker and our good friends will be coming over to help me celebrate the accomplishment!! Hopefully, I will do okay!! I have my Ipod synced, my bike is ready, and someone to watch the kids....he,he,he....that would be Brent. He has the weekend off and is going to get some great alone time with the kids. Have I mentioned that Brent bought me a new bike!! Yes, he did! He is so sweet. He bought a Specialized Dolce for me a month ago. It is a bike that is specially designed for a woman! I have had the opportunity to ride it on several long rides and I absolutely love it!! You're the best Brent!! I love you!

This has not been the best week for us. On Tuesday, we found out that Jake has some allergies towards dog dander. NOT good for the 2 pups that we have. Dad has graciously said that he would love to have Bubba and we are still looking for a good home for Sammy. I have been crying, it seems like, for days! Brent and I have had them since our first couple of months of marriage! They are wonderful dogs and I wish that this was not something that we had to do! They have been absolutely great with the kids and let them do just about anything to them. If anyone knows of someone looking for a dog, please let me know. I won't give him away to just anyone. They are both getting beautified today and getting updated on their shots on Tuesday!!

To add to that ..... my Iphone got dropped in a cup of water last night....yep it doesn't work anymore! Then 10 minutes later...Jake dropped a chair on a wine glass and broke it!! So, I think I'm down to 3 wine glasses...he has shattered 3 of them previous to this incident!! It just keeps getting better for me huh?? So, please think good thoughts for me while I'm gone! I would like for something to go right this week!!

If you do know if someone that would like a dog, let me know and I can send you a picture of Sammy. My e-mail is m.reubin@yahoo.com

No comments: