Thursday, August 14, 2008

The Biker Chick

As many of you know, I am into the whole biking thing!! Right now we (Dad,Randi,her boyfriend, and I) are in training for the biggest ride of them all.....The Hotter than Hell!!! It is on August 23rd in Wichita Falls. I'm looking forward to it but, a little nervous. We are striving for the 100K! Last weekend I rode with Dad for 45 miles! This weekend I believe we are going to shoot for 50 miles! Then off to Wichita we go! Brent is so sweet, he is going to be here with the kids so that I can shoot for my goal! Thanks a bunch honey!! If you don't know anyone that is a bike rider, this is their ultimate goal! Today I added goal #2....to run in the Turkey Trot on Thanksgiving Day. It is an 8 mile run. I'm not really a runner but have taken it up recently. Today....I RAN 5 MILES!!! YIPPEE! I can't believe I did it!

1 comment:

The Flock said...

We did the Turkey Trot last year, and it was tons of fun! Caroline loved riding in her jogging stroller alongside all the other kids.