Sunday, August 24, 2008

I DID IT!!!

I'm back from Hotter 'N' Hell! It was so much fun and a great experience. I'm so glad that I was able to do it and hope to do it again next year!!! I took lots of pictures to share, just because you would have no idea the extreme coolness that I encountered! We got to Wichita Falls on Friday around 4:30 p.m. and set up our camp ground. Dad and I set up the tent (he did most of it, I supervised. He,he,he). Then we walked around the MPEC center to check everything out! I have to say...it was like Sam Moon for cyclist! They had all kinds of booths there, it was a circus! We went back to our camp ground and had a sandwich and chilled for a little while and then called it a night! Randi and Jake got in around midnight and they already looked tired. We got up around 5:30 a.m. and started the journey. We got in line for the ride about 7a.m. which was the coolest part....to begin they had 4 jets fly over us and cannon blasts! It was awesome! We also had the best weather we could of hoped for. It started out at 74 degrees and by the time we finished it was only 97 degrees. It was great!







This is our tent...It's huge!



This is just part of the start line! They were lined up for a mile or so!








Randi and Jake at the Start!







Me and Dad at the Start! Check out our jerseys...aren't they cool!




Me at the 1st rest stop! I'm feeling good...drinking some pickle juice!





Rest stop #2 - okay I don't know these people but, they had this longhorn that you could get your picture taken with....I didn't want to wait in line but, snapped one of these people! Hook 'm' horns!!! (Sorry Ann!)






The finish line!!!!!




We did it! Dad and I after we finished at 1:30 p.m. (6 1/2 hours!) Whooo-hooo!!!



2 comments:

The Greats said...

Congratulations to you Melissa and "your" whole crew. You never expected the weather to cooperate in such a great way, did you? Everyone looks great and your jerseys are sometehing else!!!
Congratulations!!!!!

Tabitha said...

Congrads!!!Yeaa! I can't wait to try that out next yr, hopefully. You look like you had a great time and plus you were with the fam! I will call u sometime tmw. Tabby