Tuesday, August 26, 2008

New Paint!!

If any of you have visited our home, you have probably noticed the scary red entry way! Brent and I attempted to paint this area and little did we know....red is the absolute hardest color to paint with. So, I have been very unhappy with it for quite some time. It had 5 coats of paint on it and it still never looked just right. In fact, everyone thought that I was trying to do the faux painting technique. Thanks to everyone that was very kind about the way it looked. But, the truth is...it was awful! Anyway, we hired our next door neighbor to fix it. When she came over to discuss the shade of red that I wanted, I was very leery. I was done with the whole red paint idea. So she came up with a great suggestion and we went with it. Not only did she paint the entry way but also did the dining room as well. Since this is the first impression that everyone gets when walking in the front door, I feel that it is now a good one. Hopefully! We now feel that the house is complete! Take a look!





The "new" dining room!



The entry way!



This pictures don't really do justice to how good it looks. It's better in person! So stop by sometime.

2 comments:

The Greats said...

Hi Melissa,
I personally think the new color is beautiful--so rich looking--just great.
And the best part is that you didn't have to do the painting. Leon hates to paint.
Looking forward to seeing it "for real".

Laura said...

Love the dining room and entryway. It looks great.